A slewing jib crane is a work tool for in-house use.
The jib can be made from the IPE / HEA profile, the “omega” profile or the “c” profile steel.
Type of slewing jib crane: column or wall
Type of hoist: chain hoist or rope hoist
Hoists: manual or automated
Jib rotation: manual or automated
Crane control: via hanging keyboard or through radio control
Characteristics of slewing jib cranes:
– load capacity: 0,125 t – 6,3 t
– reach of the jib: 2 – 10 m
– lifting height: custom
– lifting speed: 4/1 or 8/2 m/min
– cable-powered hoist
Installation of a slewing jib crane:
– anchoring on reinforced concrete floor or on concrete foundations
– mounting on a steel concrete pillar or on the facility wall
A movable crane is a variant of this type, especially designed to be used at several working posts.
Usually it is installed under the crane rails of a bridge crane.