Reconstructing a crane means modifying it by integrating new components or changing the main technical features, which can thereby:
- increase or decrease the load capacity of the crane
- increase or decrease the range of the crane
- modify the operation characteristics, such as driving speed
- modify the intended use of the crane due to a removal or changes in production processes
- modify the operating mode of the crane
- modify the driving method of the crane or the hoist by frequency regulation
Partial or complete crane reconstructions can be done.
In the case of a complete reconstruction, new project documentation and implementation documents for the new crane state have to be drawn-up.